Have you ever considered what your life would be like without your administrative assistant? The thought probably gives you heart palpitations. Admins make work life for many so much easier, more organized and quite possibly more caffeinated. Now more than ever is the time to show your appreciation.
Administrative Professionals Day (also known as: secretary or admin day) is on April 22nd but is celebrated throughout the week starting on Monday the 20th. Here are some gift ideas to show how much you appreciate all of their hard work.
- Bring them coffee – not from the break room but from their favorite gourmet coffee shop (you do know their favorite coffee shop, right?)
- Give them a gift card from that same shop so they can treat themselves again another time
- Give the gift of massage. After all the work they do, certainly they need something to help relax. Get a gift card from a local salon or bring someone in to do chair massages. (The entire office will appreciate this one)
- Take them to a really nice long lunch
- Give them the rest of the afternoon off to enjoy their day
Finally, giving the gift of freshly baked cookies never disappoints. We have several different cookie gifts to choose from and can even deliver to make your job easier (since you won’t have your admin helping you.)
Hopefully you decide to treat your admin with something special each day of Administrative Professionals week. If you don’t do anything you might be living without your assistant and then what will you do?
Always be nice to secretaries. They are the real gatekeepers in the world. By Anthony J. D’Angelo