Boss’s day is right around the corner. Every year your bosses do a ridiculous amount of work for the company, so this is a great opportunity to show how much you appreciate it! Although there are multiple gift ideas out there, we think the coolest and most memorable gifts are themed baskets.
These can be a little bit more expensive, so the best way to go about getting everything you need is to make sure everyone is willing to chip in a couple of bucks. This way, everyone can feel like they’ve participated in getting their boss something really special. We’ve put together a list of different boss’s day gifts for you, each with a different theme. Pick and choose the one that best matches your boss’s personality/hobbies/interests.
- For bosses that never seem be in the office because they are traveling so much, how about you put together a basket filled with travel supplies? This can include a neck pillow, a unique travel bag, a snack or two, crossword puzzle (or those adult coloring books). We think it is also cool to include an engaging book. Here are some good options:
- Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath,
- Any Malcom Gladwell book (The Tipping Point, Outliers, Blink)
- Creativity,Inc. by Ed Catmull.
- Now if it feels like your boss never leaves the office, maybe you should consider buying them some items to spice up their work space. The list of what to include could go on and on, but here are some options: personalized flash drive, intriguing clock, beautiful artwork, charging cables, iPad stand, colorful drawer organizers…honestly, you can just type “creative office supplies” into Google and you will get more than enough ideas for this fun basket.
- Some bosses love a cold, stiff drink. Especially after they’ve been busting their bums all day. Solution: put together an alcohol gift basket. You can include their favorite drink (like wine or whiskey), then include items that compliment that drink. Some options may be: a corkscrew, specialized glass, cork stop, ice cube tray, and cocktail shaker.
- Coffee can be man’s best friend when it comes to early mornings and late nights. If you see your boss drinking more than their fair share, this basket is a perfect gift! Include any or all of these items: Starbucks gift card, adorable/funny mug, gourmet coffee, flavored creamer, biscotti or cookies. You can also easily turn this into a tea basket if you feel that is what your boss prefers to drink!
- Does your boss work endlessly? Does he/she need a chance to stop and take time for himself/herself? Well, this is the perfect basket! It can include a professional massage or an at home pamper session. Include lotions, oils, bath salts, face masks, hand towels, and scented candles. You can even include an iTunes gift card so they can purchase songs to help them relax.
- If your boss likes to go and explore, getting them a membership to a museum, national park, botanical garden, zoo, water park, or any other place they enjoy visiting would be a gift they would remember forever. In order to make this a “basket” gift, you can then include a few applicable items such as: a water bottle, binoculars, disposable camera, brochures to the location, sunscreen.
The Gift of Giving
- Although this is not necessarily a gift basket, we think it is important enough to add to the list. Donating to a charity of your Boss’s choice is something everyone can feel proud of. There is nothing more rewarding than to use this as an opportunity to give to those less fortunate.
- There are more than a few bosses who seem to take their fitness game to the next level. Help add to their joy of being active by getting them a basket full of athletic items! This can include a yoga mat, water bottle, gym bag, resistance bands, and a foam roller. Your boss would also love it if you purchased them a 5K/10K race participation or a class at a cycling/ boxing/Pilates studio.
Movie Night Basket
- Sometimes your boss just needs a night at home with the family. That is why a movie night basket is such a great idea. All you have to include is some popcorn, candy, soda, and a fun “boss” movie. Here are some examples:
- The Boss
- Horrible Bosses
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Office
- Working Girl
- Up in the Air
- You’ve Got Mail
- The Help
- In Good Company
- Nothing says company pride more than a bouquet of gourmet cookies representing your business. This one is perfect for the boss who is difficult to shop for but has a noticeable sweet tooth. It is also a great choice if you want an opportunity to celebrate the day as a whole organization. Thinking into the future, this option is good for any company event. There’s nothing more exciting than a gift you can eat!
We hope these boss’s day gift basket options will spark some great ideas for you and your coworkers! The gift baskets are also great ideas for when you get stuck thinking of birthday, anniversary, or holiday gifts. And if all else fails, we’ve got customized cookie bouquets that can be delivered to your door ASAP. Needless to say, you’ll never have to arrive empty-handed ever again. Cookies by Design has numerous yummy, gourmet, designed cookie gifts to choose from.
They taste as good as they look!!