With so many familial obligations and all that traveling, it’s hard to make time for friends around the holidays. One way to sweetly show that you care is to host a cookie swap! If you don’t know, a cookie swap is a party where all guests bring a big batch of cookies, ideally baked from a secret family recipe, to share with others at the party. Everyone leaves with a gift box full of treats and recipes to use for the rest of the season!
- Make your invite list, and send our colorful, compelling invites. Our friends at Paperstyle.com can help you out if you want to be eco-friendly!
- Do your math. Once you’ve got all your RSVPs, make sure everyone knows to make enough cookies to swap and enough to taste at the party.
- Find several recipes to share with your kitchen-impaired friends.
- Create display tags for each kind of cookie; you can leave out metallic pens of different colors for the kids to help decorate.
- Make a packaging station for your guests to pack up and gift wrap their boxes of assorted cookies! Include ribbon, decorative stickers, and gift tags.
- For the day of the swap: make sure you have lots of serving plates and trays for everyone to showcase their cookies, as well as coffee and tea to keep stamina up. And for the kids: some cold milk!
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Check out Decorating Kits!